SBIR Proposal Video Training
Improve your SBIR Proposal | Video Only
(Payments and hosting by Thinkific, a trusted leader in video training)
Improve your SBIR Proposal | Plus 1-on-1 Coaching
As an experienced startup coach and longtime, experienced peer reviewer of both SBIR Phase I and SBIR Phase II proposals, Nicole has received so many questions about proposals for the SBIR solicitation that she put together a short course on what actually happens behind the scenes during the Review Process of SBIR proposals.
This permanent course came from a live course conducted with startups in November 2017 with input from teams working on proposals for December deadlines. This course was designed to address the questions of entrepreneurs like you on how the SBIR grant process really works.
Items covered include:
- The importance of the pre-proposal executive summary/submission (more than 2 weeks in advance of submission deadlines) Your chance to make reviewers love what you do!
- Overview of orientation that reviewers receive
- Identifying the different types of reviewers on a panel and how this impacts the process
- What reviewers are asked to do for each review (and how this impacts your proposal!)
- Why an SBIR Program Director said on a road tour this summer that just a few things can raise your odds of being awarded funding from 15% to over 50%!
- Why the Introduction can make or break your entire proposal
- The order in which experienced reviewers read your proposal - and why it matters.
- Differences and similarities between SBIR Phase I and Phase II reviews, and why your Phase I review is really the first part of your Phase II review
- Do letters of support really matter - and how not to get them
- What is really needed in the commercialization section of an SBIR Phase I (vs. Phase II)
- Review of my list of 40 ways to improve your SBIR proposal (from mistakes I saw in actual proposals)
- The difference between individual reviews and panel summary (and scores) and what that feedback means
- How to track the progress of your proposal
- Clues that you have been recommended for funding and what to expect from your PD
Content includes 9 core content chapters, over 2 hours of content plus four bonus chapters to help you with your executive summary or proposal overview and another bonus chapter to help you with your SBIR accounting.